Monday, August 31, 2009

He ain't bad to look at either...

Dinner time can be stressful, at least for me. There are some days that I plan a meal and can execute it well and most the time it's edible. That's when I plan ahead, follow a receipe of sorts and have all the ingredients at hand. But those nights that I have not planned, I can stare into our pantry/fridge/freezer and just be completely dumfounded. It's the same thing that we women go through when we have a special occasion and want to look really good and just stare at our closet as if we have never dressed ourselves before.

Now on those nights, my Above Average Joe can look at that same pantry/fridge/freezer and find ALL KINDS of things to make. I think it's magic, or witch-craft or something. Because I was just there...and there was nothing speaking to me other than a huge sign pointing to take out menus. One of these nights happened last week. We had a bunch of fresh veggies that parents dropped off so Above Average Joe decided to make a "veggie gulosh". I put that in quotes for a very specific reason. I have no idea how to make gulosh (and i don't think joe does either) but that was the term that we agreed upon as he started cooking all of this into a saute pan with oil and seasonings and ground meat. And here's the kicker...it turned out great. Well, not totally great, but not by any fault of Joe's. The cucumber was a bit bitter but that was the veggie's fault, maybe the farmer...but not ours! Otherwise, it was quite tasty and Above Average Joe was SO PROUD of whipping up this little meal that he made me take a picture.



He was mostly proud of how he browned his cheese to perfection. It was good, folks. And this is only one of the reasons that he earns his nickname over and over.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yum-O! Send him over our way! :)

The Shill Spill said...

Looks awesome! Sounds good too! Way to go Joe!