Friday, August 28, 2009

Hold, Please

Garrin has adjusted to having Kiya around in superhuman ways. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that he has very little to complain about in the attention department even with her around. See one of the blessings of Joe being unemployed is the fact that there are two loving (if occasionally sleep deprived) parents always around somewhere. So that natural "I-hate-this-new-thing-that-has-invaded-my-world-and-sucked-all-the-attention-away-from-me" phase, just really never happened. And I'm hoping never will now that there is a certain routine around the house.

Now because Garrin has no issues with his little sister he actually really likes being around her. He holds her hand, calls her cute, gives her his blanky when she is crying...all that good stuff. But my absolute favorite thing that he does is plunk him bum right down on the ground next to me and say "hold, PEASE". Not kidding, the first time he did it I welled up.

He sits very still and I put Kiya on his lap leaning against his chest for a moment and then pick her back up because even though he WANTS to hold her, he hasn't quite mastered how to. But everytime I pick her up for the first time I hear "PEASE, PEASE, PEASE!" And I place her on him again for a little bit. He will then turn his head to her and kiss her (or at least make the sound) and that is my cue to pick her up again. These are the things that I love about being a mom.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

C does this same thing and I LOVE it. It definitely gets the water works flowing though. It's so cute to see them so sweet with their sibs at such a young age. Love it.