Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Big Brothers Rock

I say this from experience because I have 2 older brothers...Big Brother's Rock. It's not that they are always nice to you or take care of you, but occasionally you have these moments where you really, really love having big brothers. I am documenting this first "my big brother rocks moment" for Kiya.



I was in the bedroom and Above Average Joe was in the front room but was called outside for a few moments to talk to a neighbor, without my knowing about it. In this time of non- parental exhistance in the front room Kiya decided she was not happy. I did not respond quickly because I thought AAJ was out there to handle any difficulties. When it became apparent that either Joe was not in the room or had decided to become a neglectful parent I went out to the front room to asses the situation. Kiya was still fussy but Garrin had taken the matter into his own hands. He had gotten his blanket that has been his comfort for his life thus far and placed it on his little sister and was patting her. I just about bust into tears, it was so sweet. AND, it had calmed Kiya down. She loves her big brothers.



1 comment:

Lindsey said...

that is soo sweet. big brothers are wonderful.