Monday, February 9, 2009

Another one bites the dust...

Above Average Joe is the latest victim of the economy. His boss has informed him that they can only assure him a job through the end of the month. It wasn't a huge shock to the man who stares at the books all day and they did give him about a months heads up so we can't complain too much. His boss has offered all of his services possible to make sure that we are as taken care of, which is sweet as well.
With above average Joe's degree, experience and work ethic I don't worry about him finding another job it's just the timing that sucks the most. Nothing like entering your 3rd trimester of pregnancy with no medical insurance. So the hubbs is brushing up his resume, has contacted his head hunter and even got a spiffy new haircut to impress all the interviewers!
The are jobs in his field but I figured I'd also float it out there in case anyone knows of any assistant/controller jobs around to let us know. Worse case scenario above average Joe will temp at tax firms (it's the time of the year to be an accountant)!

4 comments:

Scooby and Jon said...

Good luck, I hope he finds a job soon!

Lindsey said...

I'll definately keep my ears open out there. Good luck!

shellybellybee said...

Good luck Janeece (and Joe). I hope everything gets worked out soon!

Jessica said...

man...what timing...I have every confindence in Joe also, things will work out...maybe even for the better.