Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kiya Leanne

I went to bed on the night of the 13th feeling really good actually. I had done stuff around the house and even made dinner that night. I was worried about giving birth on the 13th because above average joe had told me that he really didn't want a child born on 13th because that would mean that this child's 2nd birthday would land on a Friday the 13th and he didn't think that was a good idea.

At 1:30 am I woke up with my tummy being really tight and figured I needed to swap sides and as I twisted, my water broke. I went into the bathroom to change and such and called for above average Joe to get all items into the jeep. We called sister louie to come and hang out on the couch while the boys continued to sleep and we headed off to the hospital. Above Average Joe made it there in 7 minutes! By the time we were at the hospital my contractions were 3-4 mins apart and hard. By the time they got me into a room and started filling out the info my contractions got even harder and less than a minute apart. I thought I might die. They checked me and I was almost 6 cm dialated and once they got me all hooked up to the machines and an IV in they got the drug man in to administer the epidural (thank you, paul...I remember his name). I also need to give a shout out to the L&D nurse (whose name I do not remember) because she worked miracles with keeping me calm and working pressure points on my feet and hands to make those killer contractions almost bearable. I think she has a special place in heaven for dealing with us women...So once I was properly drugged I got to relax for about 40 mins until the doc checked me again and informed me that it was time to push. sweet. 3 pushes later my little girl was placed on my tummy and I actually got to turn her to me and see for myself what we had. They left her on me for quite a while which was so nice and only took her away to measure her. She was 7 lbs 6 oz and 20.5 inches long. All scores were average or better so there were no worries and she had arrived at 4:40 am. So labor, all in all, was a little more than 3 hours. i rock. or she rocks, whoever you want to give credit to.

I felt so good after the delivery. I had not realized how useless I was after Garrin (who was an emergency c-section) until I had Kiya. It still isn't all roses, mind you...but a lot better than the last time around.

We went home on Friday night and have survived this long without any major problems. The boys have adjusted beautifully to having another one around and it's been nice to have above average Joe here as well to really make life that much easier (most of the time).

I appreciate all the love and support we have recieved (and food and clothes!) with our latest addition and will post more of the cute pics I have soon. Kiya already has her father tied around her finger and above average Joe has informed me that now that we have a girl he will be buying a shot gun...so fun. Everything is going well and we can't complain too much (other than the general sleep depervation and sore boobs thing). Thanks again to everyone! and welcome home my beautiful baby girl.
I made the nurse who bathed her go and find a purple bow for her hair...
Mom and Kiya
Trevin and Kiya who loved telling everyone that he had a baby sister
Garrin was really excited to see her....
Above Average Joe, Trevin and Kiya

Mom and Kiya getting ready to go home

All bundled up for the car ride home.




6 comments:

Moog said...

OH SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad to hear that everything went well. Congratulations! She is perfect! Your boys are going to be the best big brothers. You all look amazing and I can't wait to meet her!.
Love you always!

Lindsey said...

Soo very cute--thanks for actually making me baby hungry, ya know, under the circumstances. :)

Scooby and Jon said...

She is beautiful, congratulations! I can't believe how much hair she has!

Sarah said...

Congrats! She has tons of hair, very cute.

Amberlie&Jerry said...

What can I say---she is a doll!! We can't wait to see her. Congrats!

The Shill Spill said...

I think that picture of her in the car seat gives her a littlg 'Garrin' look. What a beautiful...all purple and no pinke...baby girl! :)