Friday, April 17, 2009

Stupid, snowy spring break.

Yes, the weather has been quite the irritant for me this week. I needed a nice sunny week for my 9 year old and toddler to play outside in. Instead we wake up to snow. And NOT just snow...SNOW. So we had to be inventive...and spend money. We went to Kangaroo Zoo one day and I must say, fun place. I forgot my camera though so I have no photographic evidence that I actually do stuff with my kids. It was really cute to see Trevin hauling Garrin up all the ladders to do all the "big" slides with him because he was convinced that he wanted to. Turns out, Trevin was right. Garrin actually figured out how to climb those blow up ladders himself on some of them.

The funny story for the day at Kangaroo Zoo was witnessed by my niece and reported back to me. Trevin was helping Garrin up the stairs of one of these slides and some other little kid got impatient and "butted" in front of them. Trevin, being the awesome older brother he is automatically took his brothers defense and said, "just because he's a baby doesn't mean you should butt in front of him!" Ah, my son. The righter of all wrongs and injustices in the kid world.

Now that the weather is finally starting to look better we plan on taking the boys to play a little tennis this weekend (Trevin's dad is out of town for a few weeks so we actually get him a couple full weekends!) My sister will be in town and we'll be getting together with more family as my father just had another birthday. I'm pretty excited for a normal familyish weekend.
Next week will be my last week working and Joe is FINALLY getting some responses from all the resumes he has been sending out. So the sunny outcast may be spreading into regular life as well.

2 comments:

pfabulouspfun-der said...

I will be praying that some of those responses turns into what you want!!!

Lindsey said...

Last week of work means pregnancy is coming to an end!!! I'm jealous. Hope Joe gets some good word back