Friday, August 29, 2008

State of Affairs...

This craftyness is sucking my will to live. I have many things to do and zero motivation to get it done. I end up sending my hubby dirty texts instead of figuring out how to layout my brillaint ideas of scrapbook name frames...
Happily 3 of the 6 projects that I have on my plate are finis! (that's french for finished, I'm so cultural).

The worst part of all of this is that because of all of the time suckage that happens when you have to arrange this type of thing is that others cannot depend on you to amuse them. My poor, sad above average Joe has been reduced to watching the Democratic National Convention. I'm not even sure how UT got the ok to run it such a RED state but someone got the permission for it.


Don't get me wrong. I am not sending any type of political message that we are for or against any party/person/thing. The issue is this. Above Average Joe, after watching all this whorah wants to discuss politics while I am knee deep in craft, or exhausted from said craft (& the 2 boys running all through the house). I love a good political conversation. Heck, I'll even debate BOTH sides of any topic you throw at me (it's why I took debate for 3 years...and excelled at it). It's just not the best time for me to be on my game and be all stimulating and informed.

Course, talking to the man who requested that we get an Obama sign AND a UVU BY CHOICE! sign and put them both on our front lawn just to see the reaction can be an adventure on it's own with very little needed from me. It's why we work so well together.

1 comment:

Aldred Family said...

Glad that the crafting is keeping you busy!! I still need to come and learn!! Poor Joe, getting sucked into politics... don't get me wrong, I absolutley love politics, but Obama? couldn't listen to much of his BS!! :)