Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Creaftivity.

So last night I had the rare joy of going shopping by myself. And not just "running to the store for milk" kinda thing either. See, my little church was silly enough to ask me to be the Enrichment Leader. Obviously, the wires were crossed somewhere in there...but it meant I get to head a commitee and I do so love to be in charge! So last night I asked my above average Joe if I could run out to look at some things that I needed to get working on for a big event. He, of course, agreed since the boys were already in bed.

I headed out into the great big city and enjoyed the fact that I could stop anywhere in an isle and gander at things for as long as I wanted without having to hear any whining or worrying about anything falling from my cart to the floor. Because I had this luxery of luxeries I actually got a lot done. And not just the standard a lot here, folks. CRAFTY things. Now I am not that crafty. Never have been. Probably never will be. But I do have certain gifts. My mother is a superb seamstress and I grew up watching her sew just about everything. She made my dance costumes, my formal dresses for all my high school dances and even my wedding dress for the first one (I don't blame her though)! Because of that I have a pretty good eye when it comes to fabric and making things out of it. Whilst I was out collecting things for another project that is really very simple I stumbled upon another I could do! I was so proud of me! I gathered the items I thought I would need and will be working furiously throughout this week to get all these little projects done. I will post with my victories soon with pictures to prove that occasionally the creative and the craft can flow through me...

1 comment:

Aldred Family said...

I'm excited to see these finished projects!! You totally should have called me to go with you! I love looking at crafty things!!