Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blankets

I am so blessed to be surrounded by talented people. I come from a pretty long and decent line of those handy with the needle. Because of this whenever there is an occasion (like a new baby) we get new blankets to show off. One of these days I'll post all the stunning quilts that tell various stories of times of my life but for now these are the adorable blankets we have recieved for Kiya. This one was crocheted by one of my visiting teachers (Tiff). I LOVE the colors and it's really soft.

My uncle (Dad's brother) is close to us and he brought us one of the cutest blankets ever for Garrin. To this day he still tells me he quilted it... THIS gorgeous quilt is for Kiya and when I saw it I decided that when this little girl has her own room this quilt will be the inspiration for the colors and pattern of it.
This patchwork quilt is from my step-grandmother Lavonne who is an incredible woman and quilter. She has sent so many lovely things for all of us over the years and did not fail Kiya with this beautiful and colorful quilt that Kiya loves to play on and look at.


My mother has also promised a crib quilt for Kiya (and Garrin) but she has been so busy making her blessing dress that we won't see it for a while. But WAIT until you see this dress. She brought it over today and I just about started crying with how gorgeous it was. I will post pictures soon. I am so lucky to have these people in my life...

No comments: