Wednesday, November 5, 2008

March of the Penguins

I am a bit late with the Halloween pictures, I know. Give a poor woman a break. I saw a penguin costum earlier this year and knew that Garrin would be adorable in it. When I mentioned the idea to Trevin he wanted to be one too (since it is his fav animal). Instead of spending the 40-50 bucks it would cost to buy both the costums I decided to dig deep down inside and channel my mothers talent and make them myself. This would have been easier if I would have finished them when I had orginally planned and not had to finish them amognst my hell week (last week). But they turned out and I think, rather cutely. I wish I got Garrin on tape because the kid actually waddled perfectly for a penguin.




























I was going to make Joe a sweatshirt that said "Director" on the back and a camera that said "March of the Penguins" but since I barely made it home most nights to see the boys before it was bedtime we just went with the cuteness we had.
This was the crew that went trick-or-treating up at my parents neighborhood (where full candy bars can be scored!) My niece Jessi, Garrin, Trevin and Hunter. My dad is the bestest grandpa ever.

3 comments:

Scooby and Jon said...

I am impressed...those are really cute costumes!

Andra & Daryl Evans said...

They look really good. I wish I could have been there. I think this is the only time, besides the mission that i haven't been around, it's a little crazy. Good job on being such a handy mom. Glad the class is over for you, almost there..Love you!

Aldred Family said...

Costumes turned out awesome!! you rock!! I'm impressed... very cute! Looks like you guys had a good one!